Sunday, November 7, 2010

I will lie about how we met

One thing that I have noticed while searching profiles on match.com (I promise I'm only giving this service 1 month) is that in everyone's profile it reads "I will lie about how we met". But my thought is why? Social media is the new way of networking, meeting new people and socializing in general. What would we do if we didn't have twitter and FB? What if you do meet someone you really like on Facebook or Twitter, meet up for drinks and 6 months later are engaged? Would that be too embarrassing to admit? I think not. I would gladly tell people that I met my man online. Hell! We do everything else online. Pay bills, apply for jobs, bank, etc... I think that the days of "only creepy men who can't get dates in real life are online" are over! Ladies, online dating is the new way to browse through hundreds of potentials, quickly eliminating the too short, too skinny, too goofy, and get to the real deal. I look at it as a Man Catalog and I'm a proud shopper.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you 100%!
    Goood luck on finding a dating partner :) i'll sign up after December when i'm out of school and can focus on dating :)

    ReplyDelete